Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

It's um...

I've become smitten with a color that I can't describe.  Magenta?  No!  Claret? Nope.  Purple-ish red-ish pink?  Hmm...close.

Amaranthus? 

Image via Grey Likes Weddings / Photo by Jen Huang / Styling by Summer Watkins


Raspberry?


Image via Etsy / Photo by LuneLuxe

Maybe it's "deep rose." 


Image via Modcloth



That's my new favorite shirt.  And I happen to be wearing it right now.  I love this color more than I could have imagined.  It sits comfortably on the border between red and purple.  And it's perfect!


But why am I obsessing over what to call it?  Well, this is the color I want my bridesmaids to wear. And I have to ask them to find a dress in this color.  How do I describe it to them?  Of course I couldn't be easy and say "candy apple red," or "dandelion yellow" or even "navy blue."  I have to fall for a color that doesn't really have a standard name.  Is it even fair to ask them to find a dress in this color on their own?


What do you think?  Any ideas on how I can get the word out to my girls?  And what would you call this color?

No comments:

Post a Comment