Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Dear Home Depot,


Thanks for the paint chips.  




...thanks a whole lot!  



<3,


M


The sad part is that there were many more paint chips once upon a time.  I took a trip to Home Depot after I realized that I had way too many ideas swirling around in my head.  The key, for me, is to think visually, and then get organized to start narrowing my thoughts down to a cohesive look.  And since I didn't have a Pantone chip set laying around, the paint section at my local Home Depot had to do.  



And you want to know a little secret?  I went nuts in there, grabbing paint chips left and right.  And I went back a couple times.  I collected these colorful paint chips like a little kid might collect toy cars.  I organized them again and again: take out the red, add a blue, take out the blue, add orange. No, no orange...

And I think I finally have something!


Did you go to unusual lengths to figure out your color palette?

No comments:

Post a Comment