Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Happy Friday! Taking It Easy


I woke up in a bad mood today.  Yes, it's Friday!  I should be happy!  Thrilled!  But I'm feeling a little indifferent (which, is NOT like me at all). 

Plans have changed, again.  AGAIN.  And you know what?  I'm not frustrated, I'm just a little sad. I've grown to expect these bumps in the road and not allow my emotions to get too effected by it.  

But, I'm not perfect.  

So far this year, there have been quite a few changes to our plans, caused by his schedule.  And you know what?  Despite my fears that these changes would steer our wedding plans off into a ditch, they've actually kept us on course.  So when I heard him say "I have some news, brace yourself," my heart sank a little, as it always does.  And then I replied "I'm sitting down, that's as braced as I can get.  Tell me."

More changes in plans.  More events shifting around.  More disappointment. And still, we're on course to be married on the day we chose and then changed, and then chose again!  I should be relieved! But I'm actually shocked that I'm not calling everyone up today and moving our wedding--and a little sad that things aren't lining up quite exactly the way I had envisioned.  

The important thing is that he comes home safe.  The next important thing is that we get married.  

So I'm going to let myself feel a little "meh" for a bit, and then I'll move on.  I may even finish up some really fun posts to lift my spirits!  And I'll get excited again.  So, I got thrown a curve ball?  It happens, right?

Have a great weekend!  

2 comments:

  1. You are allowed to feel that way. Can't wait to see the fun posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Genevieve - Thanks for the reminder and helping me keep things in perspective!

    ReplyDelete