Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Bridal Beauty: The Future's Looking Bright (and White)


Image via FitCommerce

I've had a love affair with coffee for as far back as I can remember.  As I child, I would sit and eat my breakfast and beg my parents for a sip, knowing that when my mom turned her back my dad would let me add a drop to my mug of warm milk--he didn't think it was such a big deal. 

Fast forward twenty some-odd years, and I needed to start my day with an enormous mug (or two, or three) of coffee.  It didn't help that there was a new single-serve coffee machine just steps from my desk at work.  Ah well...

But when the wedding countdown hit the seven month mark, I had to rethink my caffeine habit.  So I made some small changes to my daily routine, without totally giving up my "cup o' Joe."  

Here's what I did to get my smile wedding-day ready:

1. Cut back on the java.  A quick conversation with my doctor convinced me to limit my coffee intake, it wasn't easy but I got down to just one cup (most days).  

2. Brushing after meals at work, WITHOUT FAIL.


According to the ADA, we should brush our teeth twice a day.  After a conversation with my dentist, he said I could brush after lunch as well to help keep my smile bright. So I kept a little makeup bag in my desk at work, it contained a tooth brush, toothpaste, and dental floss.  I made sure to rinse after my morning coffee and brush after lunch.  This little kit helped this habit stick for me.


3. Switching up my daily routine by using a whitening rinse.  


Image via Listerine.com

I used this Listerine rinse; there is a bit of a funky teeth-whitening aftertaste, but I like that it contains Flouride to strengthen the enamel of your teeth.  

4.  Eating an apple day (or at least trying). 



I stumbled upon this tip while searching the internet for ways whiten teeth naturally.  What I found was that apples clean the surface of your teeth, they contain malic acid which helps to dissolve stains.  Just remember to rinse with water after snacking, to get rid of any residual sugar. 


It took a few weeks to notice a change and I was happy with the results.  The best part is the habits I created before the wedding have stuck with me.


Do you have any tried and true tips?  Are you ramping up your routine to prep for your wedding?  Any professional bees out there with tips to add?









No comments:

Post a Comment