Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday! Hip Hop Love

I was inspired by the concert this week, to make a playlist of Hip Hop love songs.  And while I'm working on it, I wanted to share what is my favorite love song on the list so far. 


"You're All I Need" - By Method Man ft Mary J. Blige






Like sweet morning dew
I took one look at you
And it was plain to see
You were my destiny
With you I'll spend my time
I'll dedicate my life
I'll sacrifice for you
Dedicate my life for you




MJB made an appearance at the concert that damn near brought me to tears.  Call it nostalgia, call it a deep admiration--but I have been a huge fan of her since grade school.  Her talent is unparalleled.


I remember choreographing a dance when I was 7 to her "Real Love" remix at Summer camp--it must have been awesome, of course.  She is just amazing.  As is this song.  It's not your standard love song, and   I don't know if would work as a first dance at a wedding.  But listening to it brings me back to dances in the school gym, baggy jeans, and happy times.  


Enjoy and happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment