Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Wrap it Up!

I have to write a speech for the wedding--it's only two weeks away!  Cuz met with her DJ and they decided that we would each have two minutes to talk.  She also sent this video to me and my bridal party counterparts:




Is it just me, or does it seem like she's trying to hint at something?


Seriously, what the heck am I going to do?  I feel like some people are expecting me to be funny, while others are expecting me reminisce.  This is not supposed to be this hard, I've only spent a majority of my life with Cuz.  She's only been my other half for twenty some-odd years.  How do I put all that into words and spit it out in two minutes?  And how do I avoid crying into the mic?  How can I resist the urge to try and be funny? Because you know that never works out. 


Any advice from seasoned wedding speech makers?

1 comment:

  1. 2 minutes is longer than you think!
    Maybe say something funny then end it by welcoming the Groom to the fam with a Football jersey? Wait, that sounds familiar! So does the MOH crying into the mic. BTW! Be yourself and say just that, "you've been my better half for 20 some-odd years and I love you!”

    ReplyDelete