Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The One Where We Make A Ring Bearer Thing...

Sometimes, after a rough day all I can think of is meeting up with friends and unwinding over a glass of wine, maybe some pizza (probably both).  Well, I had a bad day last week and instead of craving a glass of red, I had the craziest urge to make something.  Instantly I thought to myself "Cuz needs a ring bearer pillow.  I can tackle that.  And if she likes it--great! And if she doesn't, at least I tried."

I took my inspiration from the sweet ring bearer bowls by Paloma's Nest.  

Image via PalomasNest

Combined with this bird's nest pillow by Designed By Love that BM Cuz wanted but couldn't (because the shop had taken a hiatus).

Image via DesignedByLove's Etsy Shop

To make this--


Full disclosure: there may have been a glass of wine involved in this process, which would explain the horrible iPhone pic.  It was just one of those things that I thought was a great idea at the time but...

It's still a work in progress, but it's so close to being done.  The moss needs to be secured to the dish (you can see that it's still not attached at the bottom) and I need to make sure the ribbon is the right length. The main thing about it is that BM Cuz likes it!  So that's a success, right?

Materials -

  • Small Terracotta saucer, 4"
  • Ribbon
  • Can of metallic spray paint
  • "Moss" (I mistakenly bought fake moss, which I originally hated but I'm alright with now.)


    This project took about an hour, which allowed me time to spray paint the saucer in between bites of my dinner.  So suffice it to say, it shouldn't take that long to make.

    What do you think? 



No comments:

Post a Comment