Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday! Opa!

Yeah!  We've made it to another weekend!  You know what that means...well, it means a lot of things.  The numbers are slowly getting smaller on my "Bear comes home" countdown(!!!!), I'm free for the weekend, and it's time to have some fun!


This weekend is jam packed as usual.  Highlights of my weekend include dress shopping (fingers crossed), and good food with amazing friends.  And the part I'm so sooooo excited for??  Sunday night--Greek night!!  Opa!  My buddy "Beth" is holding Greek dancing lessons and I'm soooo IN!!!!  Grab your bottles of Ouzo folks, it's gonna be a good weekend.  


And so, there can be only one song for the soundtrack of this weekend.  The quintessential Greek wedding song.  It's called "Orea Pou Ine I Nifi Mas," which loosely translates to "How Beautiful Our Bride Is." With Cuz's wedding only a month a way, I get all excited when I hear it!  Beautiful bride, indeed.  






How beautiful our bride is, and so is her dowry
Beautiful is her company that brings her joy
I will sing a song to you on the guitar
Three cheers for the bride, the groom, the best man and best woman (lit. may they live happily ever after)

I will sing a song to you over the lemon
Three cheers for the bride and all her kin

I will sing a song to you over the cherry
May your family grow in joy as it grows in number



Side note:  There is actually a dowry involved in our weddings.  True fact. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment