Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Modern Twist on Traditional Decor

Have you seen this wedding from the newest issue of Martha Stewart Weddings?


I originally came across this wedding via Flowerwild Design's site.  And I am officially obsessed with the decor.  


My current wedding inspiration is from a shoot that featured work by Flowerwild Events.  And this pushes the envelope just a little step further.  Guess I am officially a fan of their work, just look at these gorgeous florals!


I was having trouble deciding between gold or black urns--but not anymore!  Brass it is!


This centerpiece is just perfect, it's a little sweet and a little bold. Love the combination! 

I'd love to design something similar to this menu card, I like how the modern type pops.  


And this picture? Just wanted to share it.  Wishing I could splurge for calligraphy right now...


Here's a better look at the tablescape.

I was getting worried that the color palette I'm leaning towards isn't really "Summer appropriate" and I was having trouble convincing myself that I could pull off something that was a traditional and a little modern.  Well, I was wrong. But it took the professionals to show me that it's all about the execution.  I'm so, so happy I found this!

Have you found any inspiration that helped you improve your original design?



No comments:

Post a Comment