Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

I (Heart) Sleeves

I do.  And until I started thinking about most things in terms of "wedding" that thought never crossed my mind.  But I have a clear preference for wedding gowns with sleeves.  I pushed for a dress with a sleeve,any sleeve (I only tried on strapless dresses that we could add cap sleeves to) as did my Yiayia, what does that mean?  Great minds think alike?


Well, The Gloss put together a slide show of some of their favorite gowns (and brides in gowns) with sleeves.  Here are some of my favorites.  



Of course!  Ms. Hepburn herself, sigh...


Princess Grace, her bridal ensemble is now iconic.  She is the quintessential bride right here.  And I just learned that she, too, carried Lilies of the Valley down the aisle.  How cool is that?

And now for something a bit more modern:


This beauty from Jenny Packham's Spring 2011 line features a romantic cap sleeve.


This dress from Dolce & Gabana's Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear collection is not technically a wedding dress.  But the delicate lace and flower appliques would be perfect for a short dress bride, don't you think?

I don't know about you but I'm looking forward to seeing more dresses with sleeves coming off the runway.  Are there any styles of dresses that you love?  





(source for all images)

No comments:

Post a Comment