Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Decor - Inspiration Strikes!

This picture from Snippet & Ink has been a sore spot in my inspiration folder.

Image via Snippet&Ink / Photo by Bonnie Tsang / Styling By Summer Watkins

It's completely lovely, no doubt. But it's completely different than anything else I've tucked away for inspiration. So now what?  Take the inspiration and run with it, right?  

We're certainly incorporating text into our wedding, that's for sure.  But I don't think the subway signs will work for us, I'm looking for something a little brighter.  Then I forgot about this image until I saw this wedding on Green Wedding Shoes:



Wow.  Whoa.  HOLD ON. 

Images via GreenWeddingShoes / Photos by Clayton Austin / Event Design by Kara Melwood

They are absolutely perfect!  I love the idea of introducing text into the room in a big way.  Of course, I have no idea if this is feasible with our venue (I will get to the venue soon, promise).  But if we get the thumbs up, I will happily buy some canvas, grab a paintbrush, and get to work.  

What do you think?  Too much?  Too much work??

No comments:

Post a Comment