Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Inspiration - Gilded Romance

I came across the most beautiful hardcover books designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith via Design Crush and it got my (wedding)wheels turning.


Image via CB-Smith.com / Cover Design by Coralie Bickford-Smith




The gorgeous new cover art for the classic novels of F. Scott Fitzgerald totally captures the opulence of the Jazz Age, and combines it with a really delicate aesthetic that would be perfect for a wedding. Translation: I need to add every single one to my collection! 

And so, I decided to create a sophisticated inspiration board  as an ode to the new objects of my desire.  Will I use this for my own wedding?  Maybe some of it, but hopefully someone else will!


Here's what I came up with: 

(clockwise from top left: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, )
Row 1 via: MarthaStewartWeddings.com / CB-Smith.com / AudreyHepurnComplex 
Row 2:  JCrew.com / MarthaStewartWeddings.com / RetroPrint
Row 3: CB-Smith.com / MarthaStewartWeddings.com / MarthaStewartWeddings.Com 

Bold and sophisticated black and alabaster contrasts the softer, more romantic shades of blush and gold: simple invitations with gilded accents, the classic champagne cocktail, and garland made of vintage jazz music.  My inner magpie is drooling over the shoes since I am a sucker for the sparkle--what a sweet and unexpected addition to a wedding day ensemble.

This, my friends, is a step in the right direction (I think).  We are getting closer to a color palette I can live with!


No comments:

Post a Comment