Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

How the Internet Makes Shoe Shopping Too Easy

With five months left until our wedding, you'd think I'd start being a little more decisive.  Well, I'd think that too and we'd all be wrong.


Case in point:  my wedding shoes.


A few weeks ago, I found myself browsing Endless.com in search of nothing, really.  I was probably looking for shoe inspiration or a good deal, maybe both.  And what I found was Butter, a whole lot of it.  I'd heard of Butter before, the shoe line that was cute and comfortable but I never thought much of it.  How could anything marketed as comfortable actually be cute? 


And then my inner magpie caught a glimpse of the Cruz Peep Toe pump in gold glitter.  And with just a few clicks of the mouse, the lovely Cruz was mine.



Feeling a little unsure of the ruching detail on the Cruz, I picked up the Cleo in gold glitter too. 


By this point, I thought "hmm, I might need some color."  So I picked up the Season d'Orsay pump in "bleu," to round out my sparkly trio.   


Suddenly, I began to feel the little pangs of remorse in the pit of my stomach.  Three pairs of shoes?  THREE pairs of GLITTERED shoes?!  Maybe I was going overboard...so I snatched up a pair of the Club peep toed pumps in gold leather.  Hooray for self control!




And just a few short days later, these gorgeous shoes were mine. They were soft, comfortable, and expertly handmade in Italy.  Seriously, if you want a pair of gorgeous shoes that you could conceivably wear for 8 hours without wincing once--Butter is the way to go.  

I persuaded myself to return all but one.  I'm not sure if I will wear them on our wedding day, but they are the current pick.  See?  Even a crazy shoe fiend like myself can have moments of clarity.  I couldn't imagine myself wearing the glittered shoes on my wedding day, and even though I wanted to keep a pair because they were so incredibly gorgeous, I had to say goodbye.  

But all it took was a moment of weakness and a good internet connection and poof! Shoemageddon 2011, delivered straight to my doorstep.


Have you found your wedding shoes yet?  Did you shop for them online or in person?



4 comments:

  1. this is so true! i love shoes and your right, online shopping (and free returns) makes it so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been browsing on a lot of websites for shoes and ended up buying a pair (that I just returned) from Zappos. It's super convenient and there just seem to be more options.

    I'm finding the wedding shoe hunt to be hard.. I didn't think it would be :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the butter line of shoes! I still haven't pulled the trigger on ordering mine, but in my search for short heeled, non-grandma looking shoes, butter is definitely a front runner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard good things about butter, too...I got mine on endless.com, I felt they had a good selection of shoes.

    ReplyDelete