Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What the Font?!

I've finally decided on our wedding fonts!  Wanna see?


Sidenote:  Did you know that they aren't called fonts?  They're called typefaces.  I angered a professor once by calling them fonts.  But I'm choosing to use the word "font" here to describe the typeface, for any graphic design junkies--don't want to ruffle any feathers.  And I had to use that title!  I couldn't resist! 


Back to what I was saying, it took a lot of experimenting but I think I'm finally happy with what I'm working with!


First, let me introduce you to our headers!


Memoriam Pro:


I fell in love with this font a while back and bought it on a whim.  It was a splurge, so I'm going to have to use it somewhere!  Looking back I should have resisted this purchase and saved the cash for another project, but I'm happy to have it!  And I know it will look gorgeous wherever it turns up!

Next up is Aphrodite Slim:


Since we don't have room in the budget for calligraphy, I had to find something that had the same qualities I loved in calligraphy but without the hefty price tag.  Isn't it pretty?  Aphrodite will be right at home on our invites, maybe even center stage! *hint*hint*

And then there are the fonts that we're going to use in the body of our paper products.  They are decidedly less swirly and more crisp than the fonts above.  


American Typewriter has been a favorite of mine for a while now.  It reminds me of books and old correspondence, which is the same feeling I want in some of our paper products.  I used it in our save the dates too, so it's nice to have a little continuity.  Of course, I'm going to be the only person to notice this but it's the little things that make me smile!




And finally my new favorite, Estilo!  I've started to become obsessed with all things Art Deco, especially in design.  This was another impulse buy, but thankfully it worked out!  It's a perfect way to introduce some Art Deco elements to the decor without losing the modern feel we're going for.  I'm thinking this will work for our invites, menu cards, and banners (that I haven't started on yet--ack!).  

And there you have it!  I'm relieved to finally have made some progress on this, and now there is no room for excuses!  Time to roll my sleeves up and get busy!

What do you think?  DIY brides, did you have to find any special fonts or design elements before you started working on your wedding projects?
   

1 comment:

  1. These are all beautiful! I especially love Aphrodite.. can't wait to see how you use them!

    ReplyDelete