Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"I'm So Lucky to Be Marrying You"

(Love Notes*)
 
Those were some of the last words I heard from the Boo before he went into training over a week ago.  We've been through three years and countless days without communication, and you know, it never gets any easier.  Truth be told, we haven't been together through a deployment yet, but it's on the horizon.  

The hope is that our wedding will keep me too busy planning to really miss him.  But I don't think it will end up working like that.  To be honest, I suspect that it will be much like this, but worse.  I have this feeling that something is missing from my life.  And with that something missing, there is this enormous silence that I can't shake.  And I'm a little more anxious about everything, especially the countdown to our reunion.  

This isn't to say that I don't have a life, and I don't have friends.  Because in the end, the relationships I have with the people around me is an enormous help.   But it may be this blog that makes each day go by faster (that's the only thing I want right now), and gives me the opportunity to focus my thoughts on our future (yahoo!).  

I guess what I'm trying to say is thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read about our wedding(s).  There is much, much more to come.

-Mich




* If you see a photo that you recognize, please let me know so I can credit the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment