Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

{Sweet} Charity : In Memory

My apologies for being absent this week, and my apologies for interrupting the happy wedding banter for this...

This week my dear, dear friend lost her nephew to complications from pneumonia.  My thoughts and prayers are with her and her entire family.  Although I can not begin to imagine the loss they must feel, I can try to respect their wishes.  This beautiful boy was loved by so many people.  He was taken away far too soon.   So it's with sadness and hope that I am adding two new charities to the list on this site.  Incredibly, in their time of grief, the family has asked that donations be made to the Kidney and Urology Foundation of America or Donate Life Connecticut.  

While this may seem only remotely related to weddings it isn't.  Wedding are a time of joy, celebration, love, and hope.  There is so much to be thankful for.  I know that I may not always convey that feeling, especially when I'm babling on and on about tulle and lace.  So in that spirit, I ask everyone out there in blog-world to consider a donation in lieu of traditional favors.  There are so many wonderful charities out there, which is why I've added the list of charities to the blog.  If you're considering going the route of a donation, please take the time to look at some of these charities.  

 

Thanks, 

Mich 

No comments:

Post a Comment