Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time

Today felt like the first real Winter day we've had in a very long time. It was a day to pull out the mittens and look for the hat you thought you could easily locate and head out. Now, I am a woman who hates her some cold. Once the cold weather hits, I hit the pause button on life and stay indoors as much as possible. The blood that runs through my veins is WARM! Give me sun and sand! Give me heat! Give me the Summer, year round.

Except today. Today, please, please give me snow! (I can guarantee you I will be regretting that demand when I have to shovel my car out of the driveway at 7:15 tomorrow morning, rrg.) Just look at this:



I just want to see this when I walk out the door right now. I swear, I won't get mad when the bottoms of my pants get all wet from the snow, swear. But honestly, as Winter gets going and temperatures start to drop I think of winter weddings. If you can handle the cold weather, a Winter wedding might work for you. Just think stark snow white, against accents of black, and bursts of holiday red, all drenched in candlelight.
And for wardrobe? How about a fitted cashmere bolero or playful sweater? No? Ok, a beautiful white coat. And boots? I would love to wear a big fat pair of snow boots under my wedding dress, if only for a few pics like this.





I think an inspiration board may be in order...

Stay warm! Off to raid the cabinets for some hot cocoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment