Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hint Hint?

Or not so much.

Women are in a bit of an odd position, if they decide to the "traditional" route and wait for a proposal, as opposed to proposing to their special someone (using that term just aged me twenty years or so). Waiting for someone to decide they are ready to start a life with you is pretty counterintuitive, especially if you've been raised to be an independent and ambitious woman. I've taken care of my life for many years now, and it's so very odd to me that I am waiting for a nod from the man to make my next move, in a way. So now that's all that is out of the way, let me admit that I have a feeling "it" is coming relatively soon. And, please don't get me wrong because I am happy about (really happy about it), but I am starting to get a little jumpy. You know, kind of the same way a person acts when they are in a haunted house, only I'm not scared, per se. Nervous, yes, but scared? No. The act of anticipating a surprise is causing me to act a little odd.
Here's my latest bout of insanity, that was started by this text message from Boo himself.


"A package should arrive at your house tomorrow or the next day. I ordered it and they said it wouldn't get there til after Christmas. But now it's shipped so please don't open it. And if you could just have your mother take it and hide it so save the surprise even more that would be great!!!!!"


Wha, wha?? A package, for me? A surprise?!? Could this be the ring?!? If the package has a return address from Brilliant Earth I will simply keel over and have a (happy) fit right there on my stoop, in front of God and my neighbors! Then I took a breath. What the hell was wrong with me? Boo is not great at surprises, but he's not a stupid man. He would never ship my engagement ring to my mother's house. He certainly wouldn't text me a heads up message. I calmed myself, and asked him about it. He tried to play dumb. So I pestered him a little more, and I don't know why I did it--I LOVE surprises, but I also LOVE to figure them out. I asked "so what's this message about?" His response? "What message? Oh the shoes?" And stopped dead in his tracks.

Ahh, the shoes! THE SHOES! Not the ring, the shoes. The boots to be exact. The boots that will keep my feet warm and cozy, and stylish. These boots:


(Available at LLBean.com)

Sure enough, the box arrived yesterday with the words "LL BEAN" printed all over the cardboard in the traditional hunter green that Bean loves (hunter green that bean...didn't intend that to rhyme, but is stays). Deep breath. I will not lose my mind, I will not dwell, and I will NOT try to ruin this surprise. I will however look forward to unwrapping those boots and wearing them all Winter long. I can't wait to head up to Maine with my camera and these boots and snap away, with my feet all warm and dry. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment