Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Boo: The Intro

Boo has been mentioned a few times, and I have yet to elaborate. There is so much I have to say about him, but after two years together, things feel more simple. I almost feel like there's less to say. So I'll start with today, and eventually I'll get to the beginning. Maybe it's illogical, but so be it, sometimes it takes a little time to get the ball rolling.

If you told me that I would be in love with Boo a few years back, I would have laughed and probably turned red. I would have laughed because three years ago, there was no such thing as the love of my life. I would never have expected or even hoped for the level of comfort and happiness that my relationship with Boo has brought. And I would have been shocked, that of all people in the world, the man I would love more than anyone, even myself, was right under my nose the whole time, sort of. Which is why I would have turned red--I always thought he was a little dorky, but I never admitted to anyone, not even myself, that I secretly found him and his dorky streak to be cute. But no one predicted it--except my best friend, my sister, the one and only Cuz. She knew. Way before I was ready to admit it to myself.

So before I attempt to describe how we came to be, I thought I might get to how he relates to this little blog of mine. I would be lying if I didn't say that I have been obsessed with most things handmade. I would also be remiss if I forgot to mention that I have always had an interest in event planning, especially weddings. But I am not planning a wedding, and I haven't exactly been planning my wedding since I was a little girl. This non-bride-to-be is actually a woman in waiting. Waiting for a proposal, and waiting for our life to start. If it were easy, I might not be sitting in my home, hundreds of miles away from Boo, but it's not. As with most people in life you meet, there is baggage. In our case our this "baggage" comes mostly in the form of the United States Army. Yep, that sweet, cute, and dorky Boo is also an Army badass(wink wink-that was for you B). Who knew?

For nearly three years I've had a special place in my heart for this man. I didn't know that I loved him, but I did. Long before there was an "us." And for two years, we've lived apart. I've concentrated to getting settled as an adult, and he's concentrated on training. Now that his training will be coming to an end in a few short months, a new adventure awaits. So cadence, doesn’t only refer to a normal rhythm and flow, it’s not just about how something is experienced. I chose cadence because of Boo, because to guys like him a cadence is also a call and answer song. Boo will sing them to me when he’s in the mood to be silly, and I don’t really like them but I love him, so they make me smile (the silly cadences, not the morbid ones). It never crossed my mind that I would be in love with a man who is, for all intents and purposes, married to the military, but here I am. Wish me luck!

So that’s a very very brief introduction to Boo, and quick note on the (other) meaning of {Sweet} Cadence.




No comments:

Post a Comment