Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Weighing the Options - Military Wedding? Pt. 4



There are a few requisite questions that I get after I tell people that I am engaged to Mr. Marmalade.


- "Did you set a date?"
- "Are you gonna have a military wedding?"
(Immediately followed by)
- "Oh, will you do the sword arch thing?"


Well, yes. If we go forward with a military wedding there would certainly be a sabre arch. I can't say I have ever really thought about it much, but this picture really took my breath away. That picture was taken in 1959 at West Point, and it still resonates with me today. There's something so timeless and romantic about tying ourselves to such a long tradition.


The romantic in me is having a hard time resisting this!


So--




Military Wedding 3

Non-Military Wedding 2

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm eviebits from the Be My Blogger Follower swap at swap-bot.com and I'm following you now.

    I see you're planning a wedding. As for the sabre-arch thing, my husband's parents had a military wedding and I think the pictures of them coming through the sabre arch are so beautiful. Plus, as my mother in law said - they didn't have to worry that the groomsmen's suits wouldn't go together. :)

    I hope you have fun planning your wedding and I look forward to seeing your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi it's Marieka (DragonWather) from "My Blogger Follower swap" at Swap-bot.
    You have a pretty blog :) and I a sabre arch would look beautiful at your wedding

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous picture. If you do it military you should totally make it vintage. Re-create that scene.
    This is Amy aka awhimofmine from Be my blog follower 2 on swapbot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great blog! Can't wait to see what you end up deciding for your wedding. When my husband and I got married, the movie "Meet the parents" had just came out...we went and I was crying laughing because it's really a little too close to home.

    ReplyDelete